Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Scarlett Johansson: Anywhere I Lay My Head



Scarlett Johansson's debut disc, "Anywhere I Lay My Head," and still have no earthly idea what she actually sounds like.
~ Allison Stewart on the The Washington Post Tuesday, May 20, 2008; Page C01



Anywhere I Lay My Head

One of my favorite actresses in Hollywood, Scarlett Johansson has fulfilled her childhood dream to be a singer and I am happy for her.

The progress and success of Scarlett as a singer will depend on her songwriters, music producer, and music director. They should give her voice training so that she will not end up lip-synching like many actresses who have made forays into music.

Nigerian Tunde Adebimpe of TV on the Radio (TVOTR) featured in Scarlett Johansson’s debut album and the producer also used Nigerian logs in the percussions.




Amazon's Review:

Recorded at Dockside Studio in Louisiana’s Cajun country, Scarlett Johansson’s debut album Anywhere I Lay My Head features her distinctive vocal interpretations of ten songs by legendary singer-songwriter Tom Waits. It also introduces one original track, "Song For Jo," which she co-wrote with David Andrew Sitek (TV on the Radio), who produced the album and lent his instrumental skills throughout. The title track comes from Waits’ 1985 opus Rain Dogs, and Johansson’s set also pulls cuts from Alice, Swordfishtrombones, Big Time, Orphans: Brawlers, Bawlers & Bastards, Real Gone, Small Change and Bone Machine. David Bowie adds backing vocals on two tracks, "Falling Down" and "Fannin Street," and the disc also features the talents of Yeah Yeah Yeahs guitarist Nick Zinner and multi-instrumentalist Sean Antanaitis from Celebration, among others.




Click on the titles of the tracks to listen and download.
I Wish I Was In New Orleans Buy New: $0.99


Anywhere I Lay My Head Buy New: $0.99


Fawn Buy New: $0.99


Town With No Cheer Buy New: $0.99


Who Are You Buy New: $0.99


Anywhere I Lay My Head Buy New: $9.99


Falling Down Buy New: $0.99


Falling Down Buy New: $0.99

Summertime Buy New: $0.99

No comments: