Sunday, May 11, 2008

For Mama Africa and Mama America



Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers on earth.

I remember my beloved mother, Mrs. Gladys Unuamaigheuwa Eke of blessed memory, who lived, worked and died for the survival and welfare of her children. She was one of the greatest mothers of all time and I would not wish for another mother for a million generations.

I dedicate the classic reggare song Mama Africa to the evergreen memory of my sweet mother.

You can click on the image of the album of Mama Africa or the link below to listen to the song.

Listen to samples

Mama Africa is the greatest mother on earth.

She wakes up early everyday to care for her beloved children.
She is never tired of bearing the heavy burden of motherhood.

She is the African mother who is the first to wake up early in the morning even before the sunrise.
She is already cooking breakfast for her children before they rise up.
She is already fetching water for drinking, bathing and washing.
Then she is ready to leave for the farm or the market.
She comes back home in the evening and makes dinner for her family.

She is the virtuous woman.




What of the African mother who has to breastfeed two babies daily.

Ah ah! Mama Africa!
Mother of the earth
Burden bearer of humankind.
You will always be on my mind.






What of Mama America.
The African American mother who is homeless and looking for shelter in the stormy weather in New Orleans.
Ah ah Mama America!
I see your teardrops
But only God knows your pains.

I say a prayer for you Mama.
A prayer from my heart.
A prayer of my love for you Mama.

May God bless you and comfort you Mama.

No comments: