Friday, May 30, 2008

I, Clone



I am basking in the euphoria of my latest short story, Leave Her Alone! I intend to produce as a 20 minutes short film, because of the depth of the universal experience. As I was doing more research on the content, I found the latest news in robotics I have to share with as many people as possible.

Please, read the following and read the rest on the Cloning Magazine. It will open your eyes to the future of humankind before the Great Rapture.


I am making this post in honour of Prof. Bart Nnaji.



In robots, the sensors lying under the artificial skin report the information they collect through wires connected to a computer, which, in turn, allow the human working with the robot to select the appropriate responses. The challenge research teams face in the development of artificial limbs for humans, rather than for robots, is to be able to get the data from the sensors to the wearer's brain so that it can directly respond to the stimulation just as if the body part were real.

Currently, prostheses are manipulated through a cooperative effort between muscles and mechanics. In an artificial hand, for instance, the user tenses the shoulder or remaining arm muscles that are attached to sensors; these sensors, in turn, send an electronic signal to the mechanics of the artificial hand, telling it to open or close. Technology is working to smooth this process and make it faster by linking to nerves instead of muscles.

Cloning Magazine

No comments: