Friday, July 29, 2005

Stark Naked and in Love

Stark Naked and in Love

I am 17 and I am in love
With the man after my heart
And he is more than twice my age.
No this not an outrage
No. This is not infatuation.
It’s the natural passion of my sensation
I have known him since I was 6 years old
And my passion for him has not waned
I am no longer wet behind the ears
And I have overcome all my fears
I have waited for so long to see this day.
When my heart will have the right of way.
Millions may follow their heads
But lovers follow their hearts.
To give all my love to the one I love.
And I told my mother already.
They remained virgins as they married early.
She said she got married in her teens
When she was sweet sixteen.
Pure and true innocent virgin
Those were the days.
When girls were like God sent angels

It is a very tranquil night
Here I am in blue light
Behind the closed doors
And I have been waiting for hours.
He is coming to fulfill his promise
The covenant he made with his manhood
He will usher me into the dawn of my womanhood.
Here I am stark naked and in love.

In most of the villages in Africa, millions of teenage girls are given away in earl marriage. And earlier, the girls must be virgins. If not, the husbands can reject the bride and the pride price would be refunded. Many teachers in village schools have had the temptations of sleeping with their female pupils in secondary schools. Three months ago, I was in village in South Eastern Nigeria and the village was something out of Europe during the Dark Ages. No light, no water. Most of the villagers were bathing in the nearby streams and rivers stark naked or in only under wears. The young maidens were skin Deeping. I bluntly refused to go near the stream or river for my own sake. The nubile girls were all there for the asking. The above situation is very common in our villages and towns and other places in this world.

No comments: