Sunday, July 24, 2005

Oh! My Love Is Gone.


I met a lovely man and I fell in love
And I thanked God he also loved me.
I wished he would be mine forever.
And I looked forward to our wedding day.

I told him I would be coming for the weekend
He told me how wonderful that would be.
He looked forward to seeing me on Friday
But, it all happened on that fateful Thursday.
And we never saw each other again.

Oh! My love is gone.

Here I am in the moonlight
Enraptured in the reveries
Of the lingering memories
Memories of our most precious moments
Precious moments of the sweetest sentiments
The smiles and the dimples
The laughters and the giggles
The warmth in the cold night.

Who will wipe away these tears?
Who will whisper into my ears?
There is no comfort in these tearsoaked pillows
And I can still see him in the shadows.
I can still hear the distant echoes of his voice.
And I can still see the smiles on his face.

Oh! My love is gone.

2 comments:

Zoe said...

Never stop writing! You're an inspiration!!!

EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

April Girl,
Thanks for the appreciation.
You are equally my secret muse.

For every word you say
Goes a long way.
To take me far
To follow my lodestar.