Saturday, July 30, 2005

My Daughter Will Be A Star


My Daughter Will Be A Star

I was still on my knees in the pews
When they brought me the good news
I got her pregnant!
I felt so triumphant.
“I am going to be a father!”
Oh! What a joy!
“Do you want a girl or a boy?”
The sex does not matter
But, I prefer a girl.
She should be very beautiful
And she should also be wonderful.
To make the boys and men to swirl
To make their hearts pant after her
Just like I panted after her mother.

I want to hear the wolf-whistles
The wolf-whistles of the randy boys
And I want to read their epistles
The epistles of their romantic joys.

Yes. My daughter will go very far
Yes. My daughter will be a star
Boys and men will fall over themselves to win her heart
And she will put all of them in her shopping cart.

As they come turn by turn
She will examine them one by one
My daughter will not play games with men.
No promises shall be spoken
So no hearts will be broken.
But, only one will be chosen.
And what a wedding that would be
A delight for all eyes to see
A joy in the sight of the world.
Then, I will go down on my knees before God
And pray, "Oh! God! Take care of my daughter."
"Make her a good wife and a good mother."
"Let her be the pride of her husband."
The joy of their children.
Amen.

5 comments:

Dani said...

The problem with religious folk is they can't leave people alone. Sorry, but I'll be deleting the comment you left on my blogexplosion profile.

If I wanted your opinion on my beliefs, I would have asked for it. Next time you want to tell someone "God" is waiting for them to open their heart, try to make it sound less "holier-than-thou." It's really quite condescending.

EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

dani,
Its your life.

Martian Anthropologist said...

re: your comment on my site.

Yes, to the lion. He did it, after all. What's a soul, and how do you know a lion doesn't have one?

More importantly, though, if you want to give God the glory, then you must also give him the blame when bad things happen to people, correct?

For example, if you give God the thanks and the glory for protecting Mickenzie, then should you tell him he's an asshole because he's let several other children be kidnapped and killed lately in the United States? What about the poor girl that was buried alive by her kidnapper? Can you imagine a more awful way for anyone -- much less a young child -- to die?

So does God love Mickenzie more than that girl?

Unless you are willing to blame God when things go wrong, AS WELL AS thank him when things go right, your logic is flawed.

EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

God is blameless.

God did not make all our self-destructive weapons of violence.

God made Man,
Man made gun and gun kills man?

God is ever blameless.
If you don't know Him, you can never understand Him.
God is in all of us. But, most of us have rejected his counsel.

All our errors have turned to horrors and terrors.
Most of our agonies are caused by our own faults and ironies of life.

EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

Dear fellow bloggers,
I appreciate your visits.
But, it is not fair for some people to come and comment on other issues without any reference to the poem.

My muse is innocent of the issues Dani and Martian Anthropologist came to hang on her doorpost.