Sunday, July 03, 2005

MY AMERICAN LOVE CHILD


My American Love Child

She was looking so fine.
But we were not in Tennessee
We were walking by the sea
Basking under the sunshine.
We were like Siamese twins
The way we entwined in our arms.

Then, it happened that night
Two hours before her flight.
She wanted it that way
And there was nothing I could say.
We were truly in love.
Even, the sign was in the stars above.

“Oh, Chi. “
“Oh, Li.”
We were enraptured in the bliss of our Lollipop
Passions beyond common words of mouth
We whispered the sweetest words below our breath.
She would have missed the plane if we didn’t stop.

Then, yesterday, she sent me the picture
The glints in his eyes remind me of her
The living miracle of Mother Nature
His birthday is tomorrow July 4.
Behold my American Love Child.


BY EKENYERENGOZI MICHAEL CHIMA
SUNDAY JULY3, 2005.
BONNY ISLAND, NIGERIA.

1 comment:

Pikkel Weezel said...

Hi neighbor