Thursday, July 14, 2005

DO NOT FEAR

They said we should be silent for two minutes today
In memory of you.

They said they were going to Trafalgar Square
But I did not follow them.
"Will you bring me a white dove?'
"We cannot steal any of the birds."
"Then, goodbye."
"Why are you not coming?"
"Will she be there?"
They just gazed at me and I felt the tears
Trickling down to my cheeks.
"Oh, Dan. She will..."
"She will not be there. She will never ever be there again. I am not going to ever see her again."
They nodded silently.

The Union Jack has been flying at half mast since last Thursday.
But my sweet memories of you will never go away.

I saw you at Trafalgar Square
The dove perching on my right shoulder
Whispering into my right ear
"Do not fear."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I stumbled into your blog by accident & Im kind of wanting to cry justnow as Today I really, Really needed to be touched by something & I was; This blog! So can I say thank you to you for bringing beauty before my eyes today! (& maybe making me think that in life; There are no 'accidents'!)