Friday, July 08, 2005

ANGELS DESCENDING AT KING'S CROSS IN LONDON


Where are you my beloved?
How can I sleep on the bed alone without you by my side?
How can I snore without sniffing the scent of your awesome body?
How can I enjoy this life without your melody?
How can I accept that you are not ever coming home again?
How can I accept that you are gone?
How can I stop weeping?
How can I stop mourning?

Oh, my beloved.
I am afraid to join the others at King's Cross
To lay your favourite "Forget-me-not"
Tied in your favourite knot
With the red and blue ribbons.

I will light a candle for you
But not a candle light in the wind.
It will be the candle light in my heart.
The candle light that will never be put out.
For it will keep on burning in my heart.
The candle light of your spirit.

I gazed at the candle lights at King's Cross
I saw angels descending to kiss our flowers
And I saw you in the midst of the angels
In the midst of the angels in the candle lights in the darkness.

2 comments:

jane said...

you write beautiful poetry. enjoyed reading your blog. thanks for visiting mine. :)

Heidi said...

I just stopped in to give you an answer to your question on my blog. YES.

I love da candle light peace sign. Ve need more love in dis vorld. We need to see each other as friends instead of foe. Maybe some day.