Thursday, July 14, 2005

BOMBS,GUNS AND ROSES AND YOU



BOMBS, GUNS AND ROSES AND YOU

Today, will be seventh day.
Of the last time I kissed you.
And you said you would see me later in the evening.
And I never saw you again until only last Saturday.
But, you couldn't be the one I kissed?

You were lying in the cold room
Among the others in the row
I was too dumb and numb to utter a word
My tears had become frozen at the chilling sight of you.
I am no longer here, because you have taken me away.
My spirit has taken to flight with you.

Let us fly away to the castles in the clouds
To join the departed souls of our kindred
Let us turn our backs to their world
Because, we don't belong here.

Now, I see them slouching
I see them sobbing and wailing
I see them with their very long faces
Long faces of black and blue grimaces
As they gather at King's Cross.

But, I slip away from them
I will no longer live in fear
In the fear of their fears of bombs and guns
I will not even lay a wreath of roses
Because, this world is no longer for you.


1 comment:

web_loafer said...

Orikinla Osinachi,
I find myself returning to your blog to feel the love you have for God, and all of his creation. Yes, God gave life to all, even to the brutal murderers who terrorise the world. It is what we do with that life given us, that affects our fellow travelers upon lifes short, painful journey. In this cold world, not very many people even touch a rose in their life. When they pass away we surround their casketswith roses and beautiful things, they didn't take time to enjoy when they had the breath of God in their lungs.
What is wrong with this picture?...an angry brainwashed teenager walking with a bomb straped to his body towards eternity,
stopping to look at a beautiful rose on his way to his deadly mission?
I would trust anyone I met in a rose garden with a smile on their face.
Keep up the excellant work, it goes unheralded at times, but I enjoy it, and hope to keep in touch with you.
John, (web_loafer) citizen of Heaven, running this race out, and ready for the loving arms of my God, and my Saviour.