Monday, April 21, 2008

Is It Wrong To Ask About The Characters of the Ex-Lovers of Your Girlfriend?

Is It Wrong To Ask About The Characters of the Ex-Lovers of Your Girlfriend?

I am a writer and writers are naturally very inquisitive and receptive.
We like investigations.
Investigations and questions have given answers and solutions to the numerous problems of life on earth.

I asked my "wife" about the kind of men her ex-boyfriends were and even asked her how she has been relating with them.
Is she still communicating with them or not?
Is she having any other lover or lovers?
Simple fact-finding questions.

I am very open minded and transparent.

I usually ask her if she has dated or even slept with another man or men behind my back, so that I would be warned before sleeping with her to avoid contracting whatever she might have contracted from another man or men.
But she became angry.
But I did not mean any harm.

I told her my life and future meant the whole world to me and it would be foolish and stupid to let illicit sex ruin my life.
So, it is only wise to ask life saving questions on sexual relationships between your regular lover and other lovers.
It would be foolish and stupid to believe that your partner can never have an affair.

It is important to me, because I am far away from her and I have only slept with her twice since we met two years ago and she iis the only woman I have slept with since 1999 to date.

I can vouch for myself since I know myself and my medical history.

Why I prefer to remain faithful to one woman is for the great fear of STDs, AIDS and other known and unknown elements one can contract through sexual relationships.

I know how wayward men and women could be since Adam and Eve.

A man may be married to an Alpha Woman who is well educated and of high class, but he can still be foolish and stupid to sleep with a prostitute like the disgraced former governor of New York, Eliot Spitzer.

I find it shocking for a man to mess around with any monkey and ape in skirts or pants and still go and sleep with his Alpha woman.

Have you ever paused to ponder how those mad women still get pregnant on the street?
The same man who slept with the mad woman and impregnated her would have returned home to sleep with his wife or his girlfriend.

I have a cousin who slept with the street girls in Lagos city and returned home to sleep with his wife who is a senior manager in one of the biggest companies in Nigeria. She went to the best universities in Nigeria and she is very beautiful and faithful to him, but he will disrespect her to the extent of messing aroud with half-educated ugly girls I cannot even shake their hands!

What of the dashing Nigerian banker who has an equally successful girlfriend or fiancée, but does not care to sleep with the young woman hawking oranges at the bus stop?

There are so many baffling or appalling horrible and terrible things humans do for sex.
In 30 minutes it would be over, but the consequences could do you more harm than good.
Think twice before you sleep with anybody, regardless of their looks or class.

We need to fear all these dangers and consequences of illicit sexual intercourse. So, you have the right to ask all the necessary questions and do all the necessary investigations for your own safety and security before marriage and during marriage.

I respect women and actually put them on a high pedestal, but once I discover that you do not have scruples and you can sleep and mess around with any man without any dignity and integrity, I will disgrace you.

You can be safe, but do you know if he is safe?
Forget all the sweet words and lies.
Forget all the expensive gifts and outings.
Forget the dashing looks, posh cars and luxury apartments.
Do you know the characters he has been sleeping with before you and even while still seeing you?

I knew a Nigerian billionaire who had beautiful wives from the upper class and he was still sleeping with dirty women in unhygienic places.

The sooner we expose these characters, the better and safer others would be, lest they continue fooling and harming the ignorant ones.

It is only wise to ask my "wife" sensitive questions after 19 months apart.

If I can be faithful, that does not mean she can be as faithful as I am, because we are two different human personalities and I cannot use my standards to judge her.

"Have you had fun with any other man or men in my absence?"
It is a good and safe question to ask her.
Your future will be more secure if both of you are open minded.
There cannot be trust when one of the partners is not honest and transparent or is afraid of the truth.
No truth, no trust.

A girlfriend was seeing me years ago, but I did not want to sleep with her, because if I have no intention of marrying a woman, I will not sleep with her. She met one of my cousins and slept with him. I only asked her if she loved him and she nodded affirmatively. She has her life to live.
When my cousin dumped her, I still comforted her until she chose to go out with one of my Muslim friends and I did not stop her.

My life is very simple.
I only ask for two things.
Honesty and transparency.

If you have anything for or against me, spell or spill it out and let us deal with it before it is too late. But if you are dishonest and not transparent that would be bad and then you are unrepentant, you have only made the case worse.

There is nothing wrong in discussing sexual relationships with your partner.

"Yes darling. I had an affair while you were away."
"I hope you did not contract any disease or even demomic elements?"

Call it infidelity, betrayal or whatever label in the dictionary, but confessing your wrong doing or sin would be better than concealing it.

The word of God says, we should confess our sins to one another and forgive each other.

He who conceals his sins does not prosper,
but whoever confesses and renounces them finds mercy.
~ Proverbs 28:13 (New International Version)

If you are unfaithful to your partner, please confess the truth to him or her.
Covering or hiding it will only make things worse whenever he or she finds out.

Please, if your partner has been unfaithful, forgive your partner once he or she confesses and repents.
Continue with your partner or move on with another worthy partner.
Do not make things worse by harming him or her.

My life means more to me than having a heart attack over sex.

There is nothing wrong in asking your partner whether he or she has been faithful to you or not.

Free your mind of the festering thorns in your heart.

There are no roses without thorns.
Remove the thorns and you will have a bountiful bouquet of beautiful roses, that would be a delight to sight and a joy in your heart.

Life goes on.

Recommended Reading: Scarlet Tears of London

4 comments:

NaijaScorpio said...

I don't think it's wrong to ask about ur partner's sex history as long as u are asking for the right reasons. As far as getting any STD's from her, i think both of u should go get tested together before u engage in any unprotected sex. That way she won't feel like u suspect her of cheating on u.

None of this is any guarantee for the future. I'm sure there are tons of women who are a 100% faithful and yet have been given AIDS or other STD's by their husbands. I think that is the saddest thing ever.

EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

Sting,
I agree with your views, because they are the facts of life.

Cheers and God bless.

AustynZOGS said...

Nothing is wrong finding out about your Ex's relationship(s).But I think that what really matter is the depth of genuine love and sincerity that characterises the relationship.most people are wont to lie about their past.I learnt some ladies are good at using alumn and some other stuffs to feign virginity,wheras in their years back,they were very ready 'giveous Donatuses'.There have also been instances where known Harlots have turned out to be wonderful and faithful wives.Men too have lied about being bachelors wheras they have fathered countless kids back in their villages.The past,though instrumental to the present,is not a very essential element for accessing the depth of the character of your relationship.

EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

Austin,
I agree with you.

I insist on honesty and transparency in everything I do in life.

I HATE LIES.
THEREFORE, I WILL NOT ACCEPT LIES.
WHETHER WHITE LIES OR BLACK LIES.

God said He will cut off all lying tongues.
Liars are like snakes.
If you do not kill these dangerous snake, they will bite you and they are poisonous.

We must know the past, otherwise we cannot know the root causes of the problems of the present.
Learning from the mistakes of the past have saved lives today.

People should not be afraid of the truth, except they are guilty.

Cheers and God bless.