Sunday, April 13, 2008

There is Happiness Beyond Enigma's Sadness

Coming from a Roman Catholic background and with a good knowledge of Gregorian Latin hymns, Sadness by Enigma was quite thrilling and I have been working on producing a great song that can be as profound as Sadness. I believe in the grace of God to produce it in 2008. My composition will be in my mother tongue Igbo, Latin and English and the musical video will be recorded on the location of the Holy Cross Cathedral on the Lagos Island in Lagos with some scenes at the St. Michael's Catholic Church in Lafiaji, Lagos. The Nigerian who will play the leading role in the musical video has already been chosen.

Here is Sadness for your spiritual meditation.



Lyrics
(Latin) Procedamus in pace, In nomine Christi, Amen

(Translation) Let us go forth in peace, In the name of Christ, So be it

(Latin) Cum angelis et pueris, fideles inveniamur

(Translation) We shall find the faithful in the company of angels and children

(Latin) Attollite portas, principes, vestraset elevamini, portae aeternaleset introibit rex gloriae. Qius est iste Rex glorie?

(Translation) Lift up ye heads o ye glorious gates, And be ye lifted up ye everlasting doors, And the king of glory shall come in. Who is the king of glory?

(French) Sade dit moi

(Translation) Sade tell me

(French) Sade donne moi

(Translation) Sade give me

(Latin) Procedamus in pace, In nomine Christi, Amen

(Translation) Let us go forth in peace, In the name of Christ, So be it

(French) Sade dit moi, qu'est ce que tu vas chercher? Le bien par le mal, la vertu par le vice? Sade dit moi, pourquoi l'évangile du mal? Quelle est ta religion ou sont tes fidèles? Si tu es contre Dieu, tu es contre l'homme. Sade dit moi, pourquoi le sang pour le plaisir? Le plaisir sans l'amour? N'y a t'il plus de sentiment dans le culte de l'homme? Sade, es-tu diabolique ou divin?

(Translation) Sade tell me, what is it that you seek? The rightness of wrong, The virtue of vice? Sade tell me, why the Gospel of evil? What is your religion or where are your faithful? If you are against God, you are against man. Sade tell me, why blood for pleasure? Pleasure without love? Is there no longer any feeling in man's faith? Sade, are you diabolical or divine?

(French) Sade dit moi

(Translation) Sade tell me

(French) Sade donne moi

(Translation) Sade give me

(French) Sade dit moi

(Translation) Sade tell me

(French) Sade donne moi

(Translation) Sade give me

(Latin) In nomine Christi, Amen

(Translation) In the name of Christ, so be it

No comments: