Sunday, March 19, 2006

Sorry. Your Enemy is My Friend

I have composed the following poems in memory of Tom Fox who made the supreme sacrifice when he paid the supreme price for peace in Iraq where he was murdered after he was kidnapped along with three other members of the Christian Peacemaker Teams.
TOM FOX IN BAGHDAD

Sorry. Your Enemy is My Friend.

If you have chosen to hate
I am sorry I cannot be your playmate
Because, I have chosen to live in love and peace
To treat my fellow humans with fairness and justice
To forbid malice and prejudice
And to abhor all acts of violence
This is my lot and my sacrifice
And everybody has a price.

Sorry. Your enemy is my friend.


Tom Fox: Martyr of Peace

The dove bearing the olive branch
Wanders about in the skies
Flapping its wings as it flies
For there is no where to perch
Alas! All the trees have been cut down
The cockcrows can no longer crow at dawn
The ill wind has blown out the torch
I heard the echoes of the Banshee
In the monodies of our elegy
As the dove flutters on the body of Tom Fox
And the Phoenix perches on the Pandora Box.
Alas! The peacemaker is slain
Slain in the field of blood in Baghdad
Where everybody seems to have gone mad.
But, no martyr dies in vain
For I can still hear the echoes of your clarinet in Virginia
The chorus of our Redemption Song will echo all over America.

3 comments:

The Astral Technician said...

Saw your site @ blogexplosion and thought you might enjoy this.

The Gift (A True Story)

Namaste

David

EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

Okay.

EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

Jason,
Tragic how a man got murdered by those he loved so much.

We pray for the safety and freedom of the other hostages of the terrorists in Iraq and else where.

May God Almighty have mercy on us.