Wednesday, March 01, 2006

My Name is Annya: I am more than just a Number


I have been spreading the information on the plight of the children of Chernobyl since February last year and I have a pledge to raise public awareness for the Children of Chernobyl Relief Fund.


The information below is to draw more attention to the lessons we have to learn from the tragedies of history.


No more Chernobyls

Annya is one of hundreds of thousands of victims living the devastating aftermath of Chernobyl. For Annya and for the thousands of children like her, you need to speak out and say NO more nuclear, NO more Chernobyls. If you don’t, who will?

Call on United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan and IAEA Director-General ElBharadei to stop its promotion of a dirty, dangerous industry and focus its resources exclusively on its critical mission of disarmament and world peace.

You can also add a personal comment opposing nuclear power and we will deliver these to the UN.

If you want to do more, please:

Call on your government to spend your taxes on safe, sustainable and efficient renewable energy sources, NOT on dangerous, dirty and unnecessary nuclear power
No More Chernobyls.

2 comments:

g said...

your blog is really amazing. are you writing all this? it almost reads like there are more authors. way interesting. ping me back. seriously!

EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

Writing is my own opium.

Only very few posts and book reviews are by other authors.

I write as a novelist and empathy helps me to become the vessels and voices of others who would not have been heard if you and I did not blog about what our eyes have seen and what our ears have heard.
The faces of the millions of the faceless and the voices of millions of the voiceless.

God bless.