Thursday, October 20, 2011

My Dear, There Are Many Things I Cannot Tell You



My Dear, There Are Many Things I Cannot Tell You

My dear, there are many things I cannot tell you now, because I don't want to break your heart. No. I am not cheating on you. No. I don't want to end our relationship. Of course, I love you. But...

Is dating and marrying not a competition for procreation in the life cycle of man?

All these drama called romance that often brings out the best and worst in our guts and wits as we date and mate until we pass on and our children will take over from where we ended our journey on earth.

Seriously, I mean, sometimes the whole thing bores me.
Forget all the things we do in pursuit of the joys of life in a hostile universe.
My dear, I am not ready for any unwanted pregnancy.



This picture that someone emailed to you was taken over 11 years ago when Ngozi was living with me. My cousin snapped us whilst we were smooching in the kitchen. That was before I met you.
Yes. I know I have not done it with you in the kitchen. Gosh!
Making love in the kitchen is unhygienic!
Please.
That is what I have been saying.
There is too much drama in romance.
What?
There cannot be romance without drama?
Like smooching you in front of the Silverbird Galleria in the full glare of passersby?
Wow!
I will do it on Valentine's Day!
What?
Today?

~ By Orikinla Osinachi, author of Scarlet Tears of London, The Nigerian Fools Who Think They Can Fool God and other books.



No comments: