Sunday, June 22, 2008

The Celebration olf Life

It was an idyllic Sunday on Bonny Island in the Niger Delta region of Nigeria.
I had a beautiful and wonderful time at the Thanksgiving fellowship in church today.
Our guests, visitors and members of the Assemblies of God Church in Finima celebrated and jubilated in praise of the Almighty God Jehovah to thank Him for saving the precious life of my younger sister, Mrs. Stella Unah. I was moved to join her and her husband in front of the church to thank the ministers of God and the entire congregation for fasting and praying for her healing and speedy recovery. Then I sang the introit of my song Your Majesty in my mother-tongue, Igbo. It was awesome in the solemn worship of the Almighty God Jehovah and the Holy Spirit filled the body of Christ. Reverend Odey from the Assemblies of God Church in Ibadan told us how he had to abide in the divine presence of God in the state of nature and God answered his prayer by saving the life of my sister. He said our celebration has begun and we all rejoiced in appreciation of the goodness and mercy and loving kindness of God.

Our life should be the daily celebration of the infinite grace of God in Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.

No comments: