Wednesday, August 31, 2005

FLOATING CORPSES, FLOATING ROSES


I see floating corpses
Floating in the floods.
I see floating roses
But I see teddy bears on blackboards
I see floating daises
Floating into the Mississippi
I see the broken vases
Of broken promises
I see shattered dreams being washed away
I see contorted faces
Contorted faces of funeral grimaces
I see the ghosts of yesterday
Wandering from Louisiana to Alabama
I see the Mother of Liberty in sack cloth
I see the children of Liberty gnashing their teeth.
I see the orphans and widows of Hurricane Katrina
I see frozen tears on the cheeks of Mother America.




chichi316 - 7:12 AM ET August 31, 2005 (#310 of 310)

I AM IN TEARS, MY HEART IS BROKEN
I just read this in the Washington Times.
"Looters smashed windows and dashed in unpursued."

How could others be so wicked to loot when their fellow humans have drowned and thousands are now homeless and traumatized?

I am heart broken
My tears are frozen.

Oh, God!
Why?

When America suffers,the rest of the world suffers. Because, America is the beacon of our hope in the maelstrom. And now horrific hurricane Katrina has wrecked New Orleans and shattered the lives of millions of people.

People originating from different parts of the world are living in New Orleans.

The images of the corpses are harrowing.

Oh, God!
I am dying.
As others have died.
Oh, God!
Why?

1 comment:

EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

Only God can comfort the bereaved and heal the broken hearted.

There were warnings. But, the warnings were ignored.