Tuesday, August 30, 2005

KATRINA, KATRINA, WHY ARE YOU SO CRUEL?


Katrina, Katrina, Why Are You So Cruel?

I stood in the eye of the storm
I stood daring the maelstrom
The maelstrom of the sirens
The sirens of the tempest
The tempest of the Gregarines
She snarled at me in my angst.
And she fell on my beloved New Orleans



Katrina, Katrina, why are you so cruel?
You horrific hurricane
You smell like burning fuel
Only God knows why you are insane.
You have wrecked my beloved Louisiana
You tore through Alabama
And you invoked the wrath of the Mississippi
You flooded North Miami like the Tsunami
See my beloved ones you have drowned
See their tears of sorrows in my palms.
See their bereaved ones wailing in my arms.
See the refugees milling all over the Super bowl dome
And they told the others there is no more room.

Katrina, Katrina, why are you so cruel?
You ruthless tempest of our worst storms
You hellish goddess of the furies
I hate you and I reject you forever
Go away! Katrina go away! Go away Katrina!
And never ever return again.
You have caused me so much pain.
Oh, God! Have mercy on us
And save us from our worst fears.

No comments: