Saturday, August 06, 2005

Symphony of Love


This my poem "Symphony of Love" is in honour of Lara St.John who is the muse of the violin. And I am totally overwhelmed by her genius and I want to bring her to Nigeria to thrill my people in a classical performance to the recital of my poems.

Come my lovely Lara
Come and join me in the sonata
Come my fairest lady
Come loving muse of my melody.
I have been waiting for so long
To sing you my love song.
Now will you let me tickle your fancy?
Now will you let me show you how much I love you?

What is the passion for life without love?
They say life is not a bed of roses
But I believe love can be our bed of roses
To comfort us from the thorns of life.

I will welcome you with my kisses on the street
And I will spread roses beneath your angelic feet.






Symphony of Love

I heard the echo in the sky
As the birds of summer were flying by
I heard your voice ringing
As you were singing
Like when an angel sings
And I was listening beneath your wings
I started to pluck my heartstrings
To join my beloved in the melody and harmony
In the duet of our unchained symphony

As beloved Orpheus plays his flute for the daughters of Jove
In the ballet of the symphony of love.

No comments: