Friday, August 19, 2005

Petals of My Soul.


Petals of My Soul

I am here in the midst of the crowd
Bees frolicking to the scent of the nectar.
The nectar of the ether
Ether of my translucent soul.

They came in the camouflage of the rainbow
They came in the colors of the chameleon
They came to kiss my golden urn
The golden urn of my soul.

I was fleeting like the mist
Like the mist in the realm of Elysium
And they could sniff the whiffs of my Iridium
Iridium of my invisible incense.

They were pilgrims of the lyceum
The seekers of the elixir
The elixir of my Air
Air of the abyss of amnesia.

1 comment:

EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

Dear Brother in Christ,

This is pure poetry and as you can see my "Kisses and Roses" is not a gospel blog.

This blog is an anthology that will be edited and published. So, this is a work in progress.
They tell of my own faith, my fears, my tears, my pains and the experiences of my fellow humanbeings and their different beliefs of others, confessions of the temptations of life, trials, tragedies, tribulations, agonies and ironies.

If I want to start a Christian blog I will not even permit some of these romantic fantasies of my poetic license.

Equippers Network is a gospel blog or am I wrong?

"Petals of My Soul" is not what you have concluded it to be.

It is a poem about the futility of vanity in existential life and and how some mourners waste their time in praying for the dead. You know that there is a church that believes in having a mass for the dead.

In praying for the dead, many people have invoked evil spirits in ignorance.
The dead do not need our prayers.
Jesus Christ our Messiah said said, "After death comes judgement."
This sect believes in purgatory or limbo and all the falsehood being peddled by the Anti-Christ to lead the ignorant astray to hell.

I advise that you should go and read "Wormwood" and "Shadowmancer" by Graham TAYLOR.

Literature is either in prose or verse and the genre could be of any form. It could be fact or fiction.

The characters in my poems and stories are often fictional.

I try to chronicle life. Whether fair or foul. Good and bad. Saint or sinner. I am basically a story teller. Orikinla Osinachi is totally different from the real author of the character of Orikinla Osinachi.