Monday, March 03, 2008

Sing a Song for Mee

Sing a Song for Mee
In memory of May Ellen Ezekiel (MEE)

I have waited for so long
To hear you sing a song
For Mee with glee
For all to see
The cheerful smiles on your brown faces
As you chorus with classic grimaces
And I hear your melodic voices
Bouncing off the walls in echo
Frightening off the wall gecko
In the climax of your deafening crescendo.

Then I felt it
My eyes were wet
Even Jesus wept.
After he said, Lazarus was only asleep
But Jesus Christ had to weep
When he saw that Lazarus was indeed dead
Yet, Lazarus was raised at the command of our Lord
By the infinite power of his Word
And so, I have the hope
That the same voice will wake us up.
So, I smile through the vistas of the reveries
Of our most treasured memories
Because dreams die last
When all other things are cast into the past.


By Ekenyerengozi Michael Chima
Friday, November 26, 2004.
9.45 a.m

No comments: