Sunday, March 09, 2008

Hypocrites and Prostitutes

Hypocrites and Prostitutes

You pretend to be shy
But my spirit knows you are sly.

For I saw the green snake
Crawling round about the blue lake
Whilst I was fast asleep
Sinking into the deep.
Then I heard the voice:
The voice echoed in space
Beware! Beware! Beware of her
Do not be entangled in your carnal desire
She is the daughter of the serpent
And she would rather lie than repent


Millions preach the Word
But they do not know my Lord.
Beware of the strange children
Wolves in sheep clothing among the brethren
Paying lip-service and eye-service to God
But they are the lotus-eaters of the world.
Their souls have already been sold
They are now tales to be told.
Their mothers have become their pimps
Hawking and selling their daughters to the highest bidders.
And tomorrow they will come to church
Telling lies that they love God very much.
But they are all hypocrites
And their daughters are prostitutes.

~February 2001.

N.B:
I will post more poems from my unpublished collections of poems. You can read my most recent poems in my book Scarlet Tears of London shown on the side bar. You can contact me for live performance of my poems with choreography and music.

No comments: