Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Nothing Compares To Your Love

I have been to many places
And I have seen many faces
I have traveled far and wide
I wanted to have a jolly ride
Wanderlust in my foolish pride
In search of worldly glory
In my quest to make history
But my dreams have been shattered
And my hopes have been dashed.

I have been loved and unloved
My heart has been broken many times
And I have written so many rhymes
Writing reams of love to my beloved
But my beloved failed me
And what I had I can no longer see.

I thought there was no more hope
As I was sliding down the slope
I thought I was lost
Wandering from pillar to post
Until you came from above
And wiped away all my tears
And you took away all my sorrows and my fears
Oh, Jesus Christ! Nothing compares to your love.

No comments: