Tuesday, May 22, 2012

My Friend’s Wife



My Friend’s Wife

My friend’s wife came to see yesterday
She came as the sun was going down behind the valley
She came to see me from behind the dark alley
She came to see me without wearing any underwear.

She said she was in search of happiness
The happiness of what?
The happiness of lust?
Of the pleasures in-between our loins?

She stepped out of her loose garment
And I inhaled her hypnotizing scent
Then she laid with her long legs apart
And offered me her nakedness with her whole heart.
I gazed at the beautiful temptress of sin
And I was already falling into her carnal bin
But I remembered the goodness of my friend
And I turned away from the adulterous witch in my bed.

“Dear Jerome, my good friend in need
You will need to marry another wife
For the present one is of a rotten seed
I don’t want you to be bewitched for life.”




~ By Ekenyerengozi Michael Chima, Saturday May 19, 2012, 1 pm, Surulere, Lagos.




No comments: