Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I Am Not One of Them


Photo Credit: Cliker.

I Am Not One of Them


I am all alone in the house
I turn my earns away from their noise
They like to shout when they talk on the street
They raise their voices when they meet and greet.

Some come to the barber’s shop for haircut
Some come to the small viewing centre for entertainment
The soccer fans have a lot to talk about today
Chelsea must beat Bayern Munich this Saturday
Chelsea must win the Champions League Final for us.
They are in high spirits, shouting Up Blues!
The young women selling things in the same row join the fray
They are excited as they sell more booze on every match day
But I will not be caught in their beldam
Because I am not one of them.


~ By Ekenyerengozi Michael Chima, Saturday May 19, 2012, Surulere, Lagos.




No comments: