Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Tomorrow Is Pregnant

I have been away to Port Harcourt and Lagos on working visits and couldn’t even see my sweetheart Linda whilst I was in Lagos.

The black and beautiful Nneka was mourning the sudden loss of her father and I did not even have enough time to comfort her. I was meeting with her aunt when I was told that Nneka’s father just died after brief illness. And her father meant a lot to her. I miss the passionate days Nneka and I spent in her aunt’s Hot & Spicy fast foods restaurant on the Bajulaiye Street in Shomolu, Lagos. The secret coded languages we taught each other made our romance very special.

Then as I was arriving from Port Harcourt this morning, I met Loveline a young Nigerian actress and my friend at the Nigeria LNG Jetty on Bonny Island and she told me that she was leaving for the funeral rites of her grandmother who brought her up since she lost her mother when she was only a child.

I have just lost money in an art exhibition I organized on Bonny Island, because only few people came to see the artworks and only two paintings were sold. The Adages, Images and Messages Art Exhibition was well publicized and every resident of the Nigeria LNG Residential Areas got a notification on the art exhibition.

The art and crafts exhibition featured the oil on canvas paintings in “netism” by George Condi of the Nigerian Army, Mhyoung Barracks, Lagos; oil on canvas paintings of Ebele Ukaegbu; acrylic on canvas paintings of Wilfred Nnuji; abstract installations by my humble self; magnificent jewelries made of beads and gems by the highly gifted Helen Cowan of the legendary King William Dappa-Pepple royal family of Bonny Kingdom; crafts by Gina Oby Attisso and the traditional African art and crafts of the Oladiti twins from Ibadan.

4 comments:

Keshi said...

so thats where u have been...oh ok. Im sorry to hear abt the deaths. Not a nice time at all. I hope ur friends r coping well. I can u'stand what it is to lose a parent...it's hell.

Keshi.

Keshi said...

and u might like to comment on my latest post :)

Keshi.

EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

Allright my love.
You know I will do anything God permits me for you my fair lady.

God bless.

EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

Thanks Kyels.

God bless.