Sunday, August 06, 2006

Felicitations

Chika Onu directing Glamour Girls.

I went to Port Harcourt yesterday to celebrate the 50th birthday of Mr. Charles Onu the younger brother of Chika Onu, one of the most accomplished directors in Nollywood.

I had a good time at the party hosted by the celebrant in his mansion on Orominike Street in Port Harcourt, Rivers State. And I returned to Bonny Island hours ago.

Chika Onu is one of the very few Nigerian filmmakers I respect and I can work with. Because, he is straight forward. And since he relocated from Lagos to Port Harcourt, we have been meeting to deliberate on our projects. I have decided to work with him on the production of my major film "Oma". "Oma" is only the working title. Chika has won many highly coveted prizes since he won the 1975 J.F. Kennedy International Essay Award.

Chika Onu directing The Flute

I told Chika Onu that if South Africa can win the Oscar, Nigeria can also win it. And we agreed to take up the challenge of making films that win us the most coveted laurels in the film industry. And I need executive producers to produce "Oma".

2 comments:

Keshi said...

thats nice....wow!

Keshi.

EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

Thanks Keshi!