Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Oh, Yulia!


The inscription above is lines from the Ukrainian song. It reads "...Why is the braid undone and why does tear shine on the eyes..."

Oh, Yulia!
The love I confess
Is not the love your people profess.
For they want you to let your hair down
And to strip you stark naked on the lawn
They even want you to dance naked in the Independence Square
All in the liberties of laissez-faire?
Laissez-faire, laissez-passer,"
"let things alone, let them pass".
And let the lion abandone the lioness?
But my fair Lady, how can you let your braid undone?
And let things alone?
Am I no longer your champion?
Can their uproar be comapred to the roar of the lion?
Oh, Yulia!

1 comment:

EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

Offensive?
No. Not at all.

Here are my invisible kisses and roses for you with all my heart and soul.
I love you.
Always.