Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Linda Ikeji: The Highest Paid Model In Nigeria Practices Abstinence


The highest paid model in Nigeria Linda Ikeji and I had a serious conversation this morning on abstinence. Because, she practices abstinence and she has not known any man since she was born.

She has several suitors from within Nigeria and abroad. But, she has not made up her mind And at 25, her parents want her to be considering the right suitor like the ideal man in my forthcoming book “A Suitable Suitor.”
“I want you to wait till after the launching of your magazine in November. Not after your appearance on Oprah,” I said as we discussed on the phone as the rain was falling on Bonny Island.

She mentioned a local celebrity in Nigeria, who is an African-American DJ on a popular FM radio station on Victoria Island in Lagos.
“Don’t you like him?”
She wanted my opinion.
Well, I told her to hold on till December.
“I want to marry and have children.”
“Yes. You will marry and you will have children. But at the right time to the right man.”
I don’t want any man to take advantage of her. And just include her on his “Hit List”.You know the playboys, Casanovas and players who sleep with girls and ladies and discuss them in their men’s clubs and pubs only to make fun of them. And then go after the next target. Just another trophy to show off to their buddies and rivals. I advised her that with her degree in English and flourishing Black Dove Models and Events Management company, no man can bluff or rebuff her.As Bishop Ajayi Crowther said,” Only the best is good enough for us.”
“Linda, you are a role model to millions of young girls and young ladies in Nigeria as an exemplary young lady who is very disciplined and God fearing and establishing your career without sleeping and messing around with men. So, you should not tarnish your highly esteemed reputation as a bright, young and enterprising Nigerian youth worthy of emulation.”
She agreed with me and I thanked God.

7 comments:

ZMM said...

She's gorgeous.

EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

Thanks for the compliments.
She would appreciate it.

Nneka's World said...

Goodluck to her and wish her all the best! Hope that all her dreams are realised.

Well Ori, you would have to let her discover it herself, experience is the best teacher. If she likes him let her go for it, by the time she spends more time in his company and getting to know him as more than a friend, but not lovers she would know more about him. I know you are practically her big brother, but she has to make her own mistakes.

EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

Nne,
you have to read my latest post to understand my life with women.
I suspect that there is a universal script with my name on it already written by the author of the history of Man who alone knows me and we have an understanding that no human can comprehend.

I will not lie, I am not Linda's big brother. She knows only God has the key to the mystery.

Unknown said...

well, from your write up u said linda hasn't known any man since she was born. I actually do not say she's lying but I find that rather incredible considering the fact that she's a pretty girl, and must have been having advances since she was a teenager, it's possible to wage off some advances but u want to tell me in all her life she as a woman hasn't met a man she feels sexually attracted to? and what is she doing with this african-american DJ? platonic relationship? for how long? excuse my curiosity if it's overbearing.... goodluck to linda, O'bee

olofofo said...

This bonny Island man again?what wont we hear from you sef?its either you know Emekas Ike wife to be or you just had dinner with gene Nnajis daughter.lol
abeg,Mr nairaland tatafo go carry chair siddon for mud,how you take know say Linda na virgin?
baseless assumptions from a jobless fellow.lol
na me get my mouth ojare !

olofofo said...

lol
NOW abck to Linda jor,i wish her the best in all her endeavors.I know real Virgins dont go announcing to the world about their Virginity.Its a pity Mr OSINACHI aka "unsolicited tatafo" decided to use her name seek for some cheap fame.lol
Nairaland.com used to be his fav. place for tatafo,never knew he blogs too.
Linda na you get your life,live it to the fullest !