Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Living On Borrowed Time


Living On Borrowed Time
I promised her a present on her birthday
But, I traveled before that fine day.
Then, when I came back beaming with smiles
I was looking forward to seeing her again.
Nneka saw me and rushed to hug me excitedly.
“Where is Happiness?” I asked.
“Happiness is gone,” she replied.
“Gone where? Back to school?”
“Happiness has passed away.”
The chilling cold news spoilt my moments of joy.
I fell down on the leather seat of the restaurant
Where we often met to share precious moments regarding ourselves
And also regarding the passers by of human traffic on foot and in vehicles
In front of the ever busy Bajulaiye Road in Shomolu on the Lagos Mainland.
Now the memories of Happiness filled my mind.
Happiness was always full of smiles
We were fond of each other and we enjoyed our companionship.
The family told she was a sickler.
But, I prayed for her survival and longevity
She was in the university and had great dreams
But now she was gone and here I am down in the mouth.
Living on a borrowed time.
Conquering through death...

"For through the Law I died to the Law, so that I might live to God.

"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live,
but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I
live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for
me.

Galatians 2:19,20 NASB

__________________

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or
distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or
sword? As it is written, "For your sake we are being killed all the
day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered."

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who
loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor
rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height
nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate
us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 8:35-39 ESV

__________________

Thanks be unto God for His wonderful gift:
Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God
is the object of our faith; the only faith
that saves is faith in Him.

No comments: