Saturday, September 10, 2005

Don't Weep For Me America


Don't weep for me America
For I can no longer bear the sight of your tears
The tears you have been shedding all these years.
Do not look at me gnashing your teeth and shaking your heads
I would rather see you down on your kness reading your beads.
And do not count the corpses washed ashore from the Mississippi
For who will count the ones that were washed away beyond the sea.
Do not pour coals of fire on my lion hearted sons
For the Lioness is the mother of the lions.
Don't weep for me America
For the rancour of your acrimony
Are more harrowing than the tears of my agony.
For the lamentations of my daughter Neworleans
Are the lamentions of her scarlet tribulations.
The scarlet tribulations of her scarlet sacrifices
The scarlet sacrifices of her endurance
For she has suffered great injustice.
The great injustice of your bloody vices.
Don't weep for me America.

2 comments:

gail said...

That was a lovely poem.

EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

Thank you gail.