Friday, February 10, 2012

Beautiful Poems for Valentine's Day ... There's Still Time‏



Forget-Me-Not

You walked into my life
unexpectedly.
You smiled a gentle smile,
spoke a kind word,
and placed some
flowers in my hand—
an orchid and
forget-me-nots.
And then you left.
The flowers have
long since faded
but the fragrance of
your presence never will.
So be assured of this—
I will forget you not!


Forever Friend

In the course of life’s journey
we rub shoulders with many people,
Some are warm and open,
others afraid and closed.
Some we connect with,
others come and soon are gone.
Some linger awhile.
But every now and then...
either through fate or by chance
or because of a Higher Power...
In an unexpected moment
we are touched by a smile
that lingers in the memory.
We meet again and the more
we do the more we know
that we have met a friend
and we'll be friends forever.
Next to God
there is no greater gift in life
than a forever-friend.
I hope that we can be such friends.


* * * * * * *

Friendship

Whether by
strange coincidence
or divine guidance
in the course of our life
we cross paths with
many people.

Some move towards us,
others move away.
Some we choose to remember,
others to forget.

But with a special few
we seem to have no choice,
for each has made an impact
on the other, and their
memory will live on forever.

These people we call friends.
You, to me, are such a one.


* * * * * * *

Garden of My Heart

If every thought
I had of you
was a rose and
every rose a word,
I would keep
picking endless roses
from the garden
of my heart
And speak them
all to you.


© Copyright.

Lost and Found

But he [Jesus] answered and said, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.'"1

Some years ago Bishop Fulton Sheen was scheduled to speak at the Town Hall in an unfamiliar city. He decided to walk and, on the way, got lost. He saw some boys so asked them the way to City Hall.

"What are you going to do there?" asked one of the boys.

"I'm going to give a lecture," replied the bishop.

"About what?"

"On how to get to heaven. Would you care to come along?"

"Are you kidding?" said the boy, "You don't even know how to get to Town Hall!"

Wherever we're going, it helps to know the way … especially if we want to get through life successfully and go to heaven. Clear directions are available. They're all in the Bible. For help see the article, "Passport to Heaven" at: http://tinyurl.com/dm472.

Suggested prayer: "Dear God, help me to be sure I know the way to heaven and please give me opportunities to tell others how to get there too. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully in Jesus' name, amen."

1. Matthew 4:4 (NKJV).

– Dick Innes
© Copyright


<:))))><

No comments: