Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Naked Tom Hanks Being Chased By Dogs On A Street in Nigeria and other Matters


Tom Hanks

Two nights ago, I had a strange dream where I was in the same hotel with Tom Hanks and later we had to jump from a balcony to the ground floor, but Tom Hanks who was stark naked landed on the grounds of another building and I heard the barks of dogs. Then I saw two dogs after him. The sight of a naked man being chased by dogs on the street in Lagos was dangerous, because he could be mistaken for an escaping thief. A street mob would soon be after him and he could be lynched and set ablaze before finding out if he was a thief or not. It was a strange dream. I will state the details later.


Many families are fleeing Bonny Island before tomorrow July 16, the deadline of the ultimatum militants gave foreigners and non-indigènes to leave before their attacks on the kingdom. The Nigerian soldiers are fully armed to confront them as I saw many soldiers guarding the Nigerian LNG Bonny Plant Complex and residential areas. I saw a tough looking soldier in combat mood with a machine gun behind a fortification of sandbags. They were frisking people on foot and searching vehicles.

I was at the Guaranty Trust Bank to deposit some dollars in a domiciliary account, but the bank could not receive such deposits, because it was not fully operational in fear of the looming hostilities and most banks have been shut on Bonny Island.

I heard the bad news that some people fleeing Bonny Island drowned when their boat capsized in the Bonny river. I was sad, but I could not stop those I knew were fleeing in fear. I can only pray for their safety.


1 comment:

AustynZOGS said...

This whole thing is taking a terrible dimension.The militants should please spare us all these traumas and agony