Thursday, July 17, 2008

Emeka Enyiocha and Chidi Chidi Nwokeabia Produce The Patriot and Open New Office


Emeka Enyiocha

Emeka Enyiocha and Chidi Nwokeabia Produce The Patriot and Open New Office

I was in Lagos two weeks ago and went to Surulere, the heartbeat of Nollywood.
I had to see Emeka Enyiocha on the new TV series "The Patriot" he has produced with his partner Chidi Nwokeabia.

Emeka and Chidi have opened their own production office and studios off the popular Adeniran Ogunsanya Street in Surulere, Lagos. It was a big place painted in green.
The publisher of the new Supple magazine and his Managing Editor were with me as I met with the young Nollywood star and his resourceful business partner. Emeka's dog was barking from the garage. He said he brought the dog to the office for security.

We discussed the past, the present and the future of the Nigerian film industry.
Then they told me that they have already produced over 13 episodes of "The Patriot" and how the series will be of immense benefit to nation building, because they will celebrate the courage of worthy Nigerian patriots as role models in the TV drama .
They did not want to rush to offer the TV series to Mnet for the Africa Magic channel, because Mnet is not paying Nigerian producers what they deserve. In fact, Mnet is cheating Nigerian producers on the Africa Magic Channel.

I wanted to invite Kanayo O. Kanayo to be the special guest at the press launch of my new book, but I postponed it, because the book was not well produced by the Nigerian publisher. I gave copies of the book to Emeka and Chidi and left another copy for Kanayo O. Kanayo. I wanted them to read the selected stories, because I am going to produce one of them before the next St. Valentine's Day. The movie will remember the late Pastor Bimbo Odukoya of the Life Foundation Church and I hope to cast Bimbo Akintola in the role of Pastor Bimbo. It would be a Nollywood movie.

Emeka and Chidi have sent "The Patriot" to the UK for international distribution and I know they will be celebrating the success soon.


No comments: