Saturday, July 05, 2008

Back To Bonny Island

I returned to Bonny Island yesterday after spending ten days in Lagos.

My mission to Lagos was for the press launch of my new book "Bye, Bye Mugabe". But after I discovered more than 21 typographical errors in the text, I rejected the book and scolded the editor Josephine Dee for her professional imcompetence.
Last Sunday, she came to where I was staying with the publisher of my romantic book, "The Language of True Love", and she came with the General Overseer of her church, two pastors and a younger woman I have known for decades to explain what went wrong. She was in tears, because she said I was insulting her. We made peace and she accepted to re-edit the book and accept the liability of the printed copies.

Professional incompetence is common in Nigeria.

7 comments:

Stephen A. Bess said...

Professional incompetence. lol :)

Nice blog. The book sounds wonderful. I will have to look for it when it releases.

EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

Thanks Stephen.

The book will be re-published and released soon.

AustynZOGS said...

I hope this time around your publisher will get it right.I know a lot of your teeming fans can't wait to read this master piece.Welcome back to Bonny.I missed your postings

EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

Thanks Austyn.

I was very busy to enjoy visiting and reading blogs.

Bonny Island is not peaceful, because the militants and Nigerian Armed Forces are engaged in gun battles.

Seee the report on Nigerian Times.

Anonymous said...

pure apk pure apk pure apk pure apk pure apk pure apk pure apk pure apk

Hi-Biography said...

I really loved reading your Content I had a wonderful experience ❤ loved the good work but I'll really appreciate it, if you could check my site on My Blog

Gemstelecom said...

internet alma
Gemstelecom provides internet access all over the world and is looking to expand their services to new countries. If you are in an area where there is no service or the service is not good, please contact Gemstelecom and they will work to get you connected. They also offer a variety of other telecommunications services that may be of interest to you. Contact Gemstelecom today to learn more about their company and how they can help you stay connected.