Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Kye Lee Koi, My White Rose

For My Darling Valentine Kye Lee Koi


And think not you can
Direct the course of love,
For love,
If it finds you worthy,
Directs your course.
~ Gibran Kahlil Gibran ~



My White Rose

I have been wandering in the woods of Aspen
Wandering and wondering with my head in the skies
Watching as the great eagle flies
Then as I looked down
Looking down at the lawn
I found myself in Walden.

As I was thinking aloud
I heard an echo in the wind
Whispering voices as the wind soughed past my ears
I listened to the discordant tone of the whispers.

“What seeketh thou?”
The voices asked me.
Voices of those I couldn’t see.
“Come. We know the yearning of your soul.
The golden horn of your goal.
Which you have sought in your verses
Verses etched on our golden vases
You have been seeking the enchanted Muse of Elysium
Not the siren whose Sapphic song is like a rhyme without rhythm
And rhyme without rhythm is like a soul without a heart.”

I followed as if in a trance
Willingly in hypnotic obedience.

"Is this not what you seek to kiss?
The immaculate flower of heaven
With the nectar of bliss
The White Rose of Eden."

Now, my throbbing heart is at peace
Because, I have finally found you beautiful Princess
Oh, my White Rose.



You will never know true peace until you find true love.
~ Michael Chima ~

1 comment:

EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

Darling,
I have been cut off from the rest of the virtual world, because a stormy weather interrupted our Internet connection.

The most important thing is you appreciated the poem.

You don't fancy flowers, but you love chocolates.

Well you can't eat flowers. And chocolate is good for the heart.