Wednesday, December 07, 2005

I Am Like The Desert Rose


I found myself in the sandy desert
I found myself all alone.
I saw no camel or caravan.
I saw no oasis or even a mirage.

I was like a wanderlust pilgrim
Wandering in the wilderness
Then I saw a white flower growing in the sand
It was immaculate white and with fresh petals.
The petals of a rose flower
But, do roses grow in the desert?

I bent down and kissed the Desert Rose
Then I woke up.




I am not engaged or involved in any relationship now and I am not lonely.
My closest companion is always with me day and night. And my closest companion is the only one who knows and understands me heart and soul and encourages and comforts my genius as I am very busy now working on the anthology of two romantic poets. An enchanted Spanish poet and the enigmatic Nigerian poet. Toni and Orikinla.

Toni has already sent me his own collection of poems in English and Spanish. And I am still selecting my own poems. Our anthology is in English and Spanish. We have given it a title. But, I am not giving the title away.

I share my bed with no other lover, except my closest companion. We watched two movies yesterday and were moved by the compassion for humanity in both films. “My Louisiana Sky” and “The Passion of the Christ”.

The more we see human tragedies, the more we are heart-broken. We wish people would learn how to love and love truly without conceit or deceit.

I had a strange dream in the early hours of dawn. I saw myself kissing a flower in the desert. A sandy desert without oasis. And I called it "My Desert Rose." It was not a red rose flower. No not the Persian Rose. It was an immaculate white rose.
I woke up and searched for information on the Desert Rose. And believe it or not, I saw white Desert Rose and everything about the Desert Rose matches my character and spirit heart and soul.

Sting also composed a song about the Desert Rose.

No comments: