Friday, November 16, 2007

8 Love Poems for You

1. Kiss Me Again

Kiss me again
Kiss away my tears and my pain.
I have been left in the cold rain
And my heart has been broken in vain.

I cried out for someone to rescue me.
I prayed for someone to set me free.

Then, you came to my rescue
You made my dream to come true
Because, you are the answer to my prayer
And I will cherish your love forever.

Kiss me again my darling.


2.Sleeping In Your Arms

When I sleep in your arms
I always have sweet dreams.
Sweet dreams of bliss

Sleeping in your arms.

I can feel your pulse
From my muscle to my corpuscle
Your loving touch makes me tense
From muscle to muscle
As you hold me tight
I can hear your heartbeat.
.
Sleeping in your arms.

How I wish this should last forever
The sweet sensation of my love fever
Ssshhhhhh…don’t interrupt my love.
Let her sleep in my arms in my grove.


3. How Can I Sleep Without Your Love?

How can I sleep?
When your love makes me weep?

Things have fallen apart
I am left with a broken heart
I am no longer at ease.
Oh! When my heartaches cease?

I stay awake all night
Praying for you to love me.
And I cannot rest
Until I regain your love.

Oh! Why can’t you love me?
Please, tell me what is wrong?
What can I do to win your love?
I will do anything for your love.

How can I sleep without your love?


4. When Love Goes Up and Down

When love goes up and down
The news goes round the town
You can even hear the echoes in the sky
Of the wagging tongues of gossips as they pass by.


5. Pretty Pretty Girls

Pretty pretty girls all around me
I see them here and there
I see them everywhere
I see them every day by day
I see them all the way
I see them wherever I may be.

Pretty pretty girls all around me.

So many beautiful faces
In so many different places
Full of smiles and laughs
They tickle my fancy
And they make me feel so happy.

Pretty pretty girls all around me.


6. True Love Waits

If I have wait for one year
Even if I have to wait for ten years
As long as you are going to be my baby
I don’t mind to wait for your love.

I will not be in a hurry
And I don’t have to worry.
Come rain or shine
What will be mine will be mine.

What will be, will be
And only the best is good enough for me.
So, I will not settle for less
I will wait for you my Princess.

I am willing to walk the extra mile
Even if I have to walk a million miles
As long as you are going to be my baby
I don’t mind to wait for your love.



7. You Are One In A Million

I have been to many different places
And I have seen so many different faces
Of different colours and races
Beautiful and wonderful people
God created all over the world.
But you are one of a kind
Your beauty blows my mind
You must be an angel from heaven
And the most beautiful I have ever seen.

You are one in a million
Oh, beautiful daughter of Zion.

When you smile, the sun shines brighter
And when you laugh, dark clouds disappear.
When you sing, your angelic voice echoes in the skies
And I see angels dancing and singing along in the clouds
When I look into your beautiful eyes
I see my dreams twinkling like stars
And I am lifted up into paradise
Lifted to the seventh heaven of the universe.

You are one in a million
Oh, beautiful daughter of Zion.


8. Nothing Compares To Your Love

I have been to many places
And I have seen many faces
I have traveled far and wide
Searching for worldly glories in my foolish pride
My dreams have been shattered
And my hopes have been dashed.

I have been loved and unloved
My heart has been broken many times
And I have written so many rhymes
Writing reams of love to my beloved
But my beloved failed me
And what I had I can no longer see.

I thought there was no more hope
As I was sliding down the slope
I thought I was lost
Wandering from pillar to post
Until you came from above
And wiped away all my tears
And you took away all my sorrows and my fears
Oh, Jesus Christ! Nothing compares to your love.


N.B:
These poems are from the second book of my original poems, Scarlet Tears of London in English and Spanish, available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, MSN Shopping and over 100 other places online and offline.

1 comment:

Chris Ogunlowo said...

Hey! Your poems are tight. The language is brilliant. Lol.