Friday, October 19, 2007

Sacramento



Sacramento

You are still in my memories
Sacramento
I still recollect the colorful reveries
Sacramento
I remember the good old days
Sacramento
Before we went our separate ways
Sacramento
In the heat of the night
Sacramento
Serenading in the moonlight
You were one of a kind
Sacramento
Your smiling face still flashes on my mind
Sacramento
I remember your ringing laughter
Sacramento
Until the day of the disaster
Sacramento
I saw you drenched in the rain
Sacramento
And I never heard your laughter again.
Sacramento
Even if our dreams don’t come true
Sacramento
I will never forget you.
Sacramento.


N.B:
"Sacramento" is a love song I composed years ago and yet to record it. I have to sing it myself, because I don't think anyone can express the spirit of the song better than me.
The last song I recorded is "She Comes On Sundays", performed by a Nigerian R & B group. I have only given a copy of the CD to the BBC Radio, after the broadcast during an interview on my performance poetry in April 2003. I recorded my first song "Hardway To Broadway" in 1984. It was recorded in the US and it is available in the Library of Congress.

"Sacramento" tells a story of a very romantic and passionate love affair that was cut short after a tornado, but the memory continued to linger.

3 comments:

Keshi said...

beautiful verse...got me all teary.

**a story of a very romantic and passionate love affair that was cut short after a tornado

very sad...

Keshi.

EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

Sweet Keshi,
Somewhere every day and night, a lover is passing through the agony of separation.

I hope you are working on your blook?

Cheers aand God bless.

EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

Sweet Keshi,
Somewhere every day and night, a lover is passing through the agony of separation.

I hope you are working on your blook?

Cheers aand God bless.