Saturday, March 14, 2009

Rape is RAPE!

The most shocking of what I have been seeing in Lagos is the case of the 13 year old housegirl that was raped.
Her master and mistress have allowed the rapist to go without even reporting him to the police. They said the man, 22, told them their Togolese housegirl harassed him for sex and he obliged by taking her to the safe place where he had sex with her.
To them, she was not raped!

They forget that having sex with anyone who has not reached the age of consent is RAPE and having sex with anyone without the consent of the person is RAPE and they forget that RAPE is the worse form of violence against women.

"Thank God she is not pregnant," the mistress said.
"But did you test her for HIV?" I asked, still shocked by their foolish and stupid reaction to the rape of their 13 year old housegirl!
The mistress shook her head.
Lord have mercy.


P.S:
My precious MOTOROLA cell phone was stolen yesterday and I am afraid that the thief must be someone who knows me very well. I use my cell phone to shoot short documentaries of Lagos and all of them were still saved in the phone when it was stolen.


No comments: