Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Love Lives On Even When Nothing Else Matters

I have to cope with the stress of the megacity of Lagos since I returned after staying long on Bonny Island. I have been busy doing my best for the public appreciation of the new Supple magazine. I am glad and grateful to the Almighty God for the corporate and general public acceptance of the magazine. My commitment to the progress and success of Supple is a labour of love as illustrated in the following poem I composed out of my love for the magazine.
The success of the Publisher is my success.

I was captivated by her lithe supple body
As she swayed to the rhythm of my melody.
She smiled at me with glints in her bright eyes
As she greeted me with her sparkling white teeth.
I stretched out my hands to welcome her into my heart and soul
She sauntered into my loving arms and we locked in the communion of love
.

I gave a young woman named Peace, the opportunity to work, but she lied that she could operate a PC. The Publisher of Supple tested her and she failed. She did not report for work today. She was recommended by Chichi, the secretary of the Publisher.
Later Chichi told me that she was in a bad mood and she was looking drepressed. I asked her what was troubling her and she told me that she was sad, because her family had no money to pay for her compulsory matriculation examination. She told me the examination fee and I said that was not a problem, because she would get the money for it from me. She smiled and was now looking happy. Charity is the greatest love. Charity should not be a difficult task. Be happy and merry in caring and sharing.

Love inspires me to act or react in response to what I see, hear or feel. Love keeps me going even when other things no longer move me. I live and work for love and love is the elixir of my life.


No comments: