Tuesday, July 04, 2006

To Espana With Love

The CNN Correspondent was solemn.
VALENCIA, Spain -- Three days of mourning has been declared in Valencia as distraught relatives and friends begin arriving in the eastern port city to identify the victims of the worst subway accident in Spain's history.

At least 41 people were killed -- including the driver -- and another 47 injured on Monday when a train derailed in as it was traveling from Plaza de Espana to Jesus Station, officials say.
CNN


I stood at Jesus Station
Dumb and numb.
I stood with my head bowed like the drooping Passion Flower
Fate has trampled on our sunflowers in the heat of summer.
I stood statuesque mumbling the psalms.
With my teardrops in my cold palms.

I have sent my condolences to Toni.
But, no condolences can resurrect the dead.
I can still hear the echoes of the elegies from Plaza de Espana.
The chorus of the bereaved mourners of Valencia.

Tres días no serán suficiente en llorar para España.

4 comments:

Jewaira said...

I have enjoyed reading your blog tonight and with your permission I have linked to it.

Keshi said...

yeah I read this on the news yday...sounds HORRIFIC!

May God bless all the victims and those affected!

Sending angel blessings to them...

Keshi.

EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

Jewaira,
merci beaucoup.

I appreciate your kind words and gesture.

Keshi,
only God has the answers to all these horrible tragedies befalling humankind.

May God help us all whenever we need help, no matter the situation.

God bless.

Christie's Corner said...

aw! this is bad news.

may their souls rest in peace. Amen.