Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Love Me, Love My Dog



Love me, love my dog
Love me, love my blog.

Where your heart is, there your treasure lies
For true love is more than mere kisses and roses
And more than the carnations of your affections of romance
For you cannot fool me with your lip service and eye service.

Sorry, I don't want to be your Prince Charming turned into a frog
Croaking for your fairy tale magic kiss squatting on a wooden log.

Will you love my stray dogs fleeing to
Canary Islands?
Or throw them overboard their boats like brigands?



Love me, love my dog and em...em..my Golliwog too
Bertha Upton did not say you should send me to the zoo.

3 comments:

Serp. said...

Hello Friend,

This piece sure put a smile on my face.

You certainly have been busy with all those publications coming out. You should be proud of your fruitfulness.

I haven't been able to blog much lately. I find myself missing the air of warmth from ones such as yourself; it does a heart good to connect to like minded people.

From the other side of the world but the same area of the heart I bid you a farewell from this moment. Till we meet again in words.

Serp.

Keshi said...

thats a very cute Golliwog...awwww!

That was such a cute post...and how true...

Keshi.

EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

Thanks Serpthia,
When I come and don't see new poems, I still read your old ones.
Still water runs deep.
Just take a sip.

Keshi, merci Mon Ami.

That poem is actually tongue-in-cheek.
I bet you got what I mean.

My kisses are always warm and my roses are always fresh.

Everybody needs love.