Sunday, March 10, 2013

Love, Déjà Vu And Destiny


Photo Credit:Locks of Déjà Vu by Romance with Val.

There are certain mysterious and strange things in relationships that can be baffling or even scary.
Like Déjà vu.
When I notice it, I don't tell my girlfriends, but quietly examine the circumstances.

I have a very intriguing relationships with the opposite sex that others have noticed and wondered why females gravitate towards me, including those as young as a year old at first sight.
A particular baby girl always makes sure she stops by to say hello to me whenever her mother is returning from work with her and she has been doing it since she was a year old. And she is not the only one.

Yesterday after following me to my younger brother's wedding, I had a closer observation of a girlfriend who has been seeing me from miles since 2011 and I don't even know where she lives. I noticed that she had the same facial features with an ex-girlfriend I met in 1984. They have the same Igbo name and from the same Agbor in Delta State. And the same romantic affection with me. Our likeness for each other is awesome even though I am more than twice her age. She is closer to me than my main girlfriend. We can even live together without fuss.
We take walks and go places together.
I cannot explain it.

Then my new girlfriend since I broke up with my ex is another Déjà vu of my ex-fiancée (from October 1998 - January 1 1999) even the same way she always made a face in inquiry and like her does not wear trousers too, except below the knees gowns and skirts and the connection is also awesome.
Sometimes I deliberately ignore her for days without any communication and then watch her reaction whenever I resume communication with her. But unlike my ex-fiancée I love her beyond words can describe. I never really loved my fiancée even though we lived together for four months.

I actually decided to break up with my Akwa Ibom ex, because our relationship was like a script from my father's relationship with an Ibibio girl before he married my mother. She gave my father his first born, a love child that is a female photocopy of my father in fair skin, beauty, perfect dentition and velvet voice and now practicing the metaphysical spiritualism of my father.
When she showed me the photograph of her mother when she was dating my father in the early 1950s, it was like a replay of my relationship with the Akwa Ibom girl. And my father's only daughter from my own mother is married to an Akwa Ibom man. So, I wanted to break the circle.

Then the strange case of white women coming into my life after I drew a picture of a young black man welcoming a young white woman to his village hut. A young beautiful German blonde from Munich later came on her own into my life like the young white woman in the drawing. And other white women followed.
It is strange.

Another girlfriend who is a successful ex-model and now the most famous Nigerian celebrity blogger also had a strange attachment to me and one day whether knowingly or unknowingly snapped her right fingers and said:
"Me and you. We shall see."
I ignored it at the time she said it, but it has been flashing back even now that we have broken up. But like her I know that we can never stop thinking of each other.

Have you had or noticed same strange Déjà Vu phenomena in your relationships?


~ ~ By Orikinla Osinachi.


Orikinla Osinachi is a prize winning writer, the most published Nigerian on the internet and the most prolific blogger writing for Technorati, Blogcritics, Huliq, Yahoo Voices, Shvoong, Gather, Huffington Post, Face2Face Africa, Black Film Maker, Nigeria Films, Modern Ghana, and is the author of Children of Heaven, Scarlet Tears of London, Bye, Bye Mugabe, In the House of Dogs, Diary of the Memory Keeper, The Prophet Lied, co-author of Naked Beauty, editor of The Language of True Love and other publications.

















submit to reddit

No comments: