Sunday, November 13, 2011

Even If I Never Loved You


Silhouette of a man and a woman embracing. Photo credit: True Manhood.

I have never made any attempt to reach out to you since I lost your number and did not ask my sister for it, because I did want to rekindle our old flame.

I never even said thank you for every day you visited and stayed with me on Bonny Island.
Then I looked forward to seeing you riding your bicycle to visit me.
You looked as lovely as your name Lovelyn. And I appreciated your being there as a lovely friend.
My sister really appreciated you and her children and husband always welcomed you.
You confided in me and how much you missed not having parents since you were orphaned when you were still a small child. And you really wanted to be loved, but I had my head in the clouds.

I remembered you yesterday when I was going through my files and found this seven years old poem on love I composed in those days on Bonny Island.
I want to dedicate it to you even if I never loved you. I hope you found someone who truly loves you.


It is never too late to fall in love
It is even better late than never.
When you find your true love is like an answer to your prayer
Like a priceless God sent gift from above.
For every woman there is a man
And for every man there is a woman
Sooner or later, you will meet somewhere
And what a joy to love and be loved
And to live happily together
And you will wish it will last forever

Wednesday October 13, 2004.
10.30 pm
Nigeria LNG RA 1 2-67,
Bonny Island, Rivers State




No comments: