Friday, February 22, 2008

Goodbye Aaliyah

Goodbye Aaliyah

Well folks, I am sad to say that Aaliyah sent me a final goodbye and really won't be in my life anymore. I got an email from her saying that she wants to end our relationship and not give me any false hopes. I know I haven't really focused on her and have been going out on all these dates. "I think it's just your way of dealing with the void Aaliyah left," is what Megan had to say. I am truly blessed with friends who really care, and who are always there for me when I need them.

I'm meeting Fred for a screening of a documentary about Iraqi soldiers. Friends like Fred inspire me to do better. They're always striving for change, to make our world a better place. I love hanging around with him. Friends like Megan gives me a support system when I'm in a rut like this, and friends like Rick and Steve makes life fun and interesting to live. They might have their quirky ways, but hey, I'm not innocent either.

Anyway, I have to close here, I need to reply to her email. I'll let you know more about it next week. For the moment of Zen, ponder on this quote from Buddha, "Kindness should become the natural way of life, not the exception." I think I have to spread more kindness, stop focusing on myself so much and be there for my friends... what do you think?

Peace and love,

Bob

Editor, 123Greetings

No comments: