Saturday, January 19, 2008

Whisper "I Love You" Day

Whisper "I Love You" Day [Jan 19]


I left Aaliyah and headed out to Brooklyn Heights where everyone was meeting up for dinner at Le Petit Marche. Adrian hadn't been there before and I really wanted him to try the lamb! There was Kate, Adrian, Megan and me. It was one of our weekly "catch up meets". And of course, Kate had a big announcement.


Kate and Jeffrey have benn going out for a week or two now and they're totally in love. They knew it but hadn't said it to each other. You know how it is of the big pressure with saying those three little words! Between Christmas and New Year, they were still getting used to just being with each other. Anyway, the surprising thing is, it wasn't our Kate who said it first!Jeffrey, being the romantic maestro whispered, "I love you" into her ear as she was leaving the subway to come to the restaurant. "Then the doors closed on me. I didn't even have the time to react!

He was smiling when the train moved and then he was out of sight." Kate explained.

"That is so romantic," said Megan, teary eyed.Frankly, I wasn't ready for all this mushy stuff, so I just said, "Why wasn't he man enough to wait for your reaction?" And of course the women were appalled at my comment.

"Maybe he didn't want a reaction. Maybe it was his way of saying, 'No matter how you feel, I'll still love you' kind of a thing. Ya know?"

Megan continued. Adrian all of a sudden said, "Ya! Maybe he wasn't ready for a reaction." Oh great, even my best buddy's against me! I can't help being cynical. I've been through a lot and this mushy stuff was hard to hear. I decided not to dwell on the matter and I think the others sensed my unease too. Megan took up the subject of steak fries and how fantastic the Coq Au Vin, is. Thank goodness for Megan, I was totally saved from the mushy "I love you" stuff.

~ By Bob, the Editor of 123 Greetings Newsletter

No comments: