Wednesday, November 22, 2006

White African Wildflower

I have been wandering beyond the kraal
Wandering on like an innocent child
Wandering beyond the woods in the wild
Wandering to the kopje of Transvaal.

Wandering to the land of the birds of Paradise
Wandering to the valley of the sunrise
Wandering to the fountain of the bubbling spring
To join the chorus of the fairies as they sing.

There I saw the white flower among the lilies
Among the lilies beyond King Solomon’s mines
The enchanted white flower of dawn
Blooming in the bright light of the African sun.

4 comments:

Keshi said...

wow so beautiful!

Keshi.

EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

When you find love, your Life will be more beautiful and wonderful.

Cheers and God bless.

Neelsel said...

This poem is very deep. I am here trying to disect and reconstruct for my own benefit(lol)

EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

Neelsel,
Thanks.
The lady who inspired me to compose this poem deserves the imagery of my essence.

God bless.