Sunday, October 11, 2009

5 minutes with Elyse Taylor



By Damien Woolnough on October 7, 2009 12:10pm

Australian model Elyse Taylor is in Prague but she hit the BlackBerry to talk to us about her Vogue Australia cover

Where you surprised to end up on the cover of Vogue Australia?

Yes of course, it’s a pinnacle point in any models career to get a Vogue cover and it makes it more special because its from Australia!

What was the shoot like?

Amazing, It’s always amazing working with a talented team. Max Doyle is one of my favourite photographers and Rachel Rutt, also with my agency Chic, is a super cool kid to work with. Watch out for her!

How did you get into modelling?

I was scouted by Ursula Hufnagl, owner of Chic Models when I was 14 and have not looked back since.

What do you enjoy about modelling?

I hate to be predictable but everyday is something new and exciting and I am lucky enough to be able to travel which is fab – I am in Prague at the moment shooting. I love the old city. Fingers crossed I will have some time to discover before heading back to New York.

What has been your favourite gig so far?

Of course my Vogue Australia cover!

What has been the weirdest shoot?

Shooting with celebrities and royals can be sometimes be a little tense.

Is modelling something you wish to pursue long term?

I’m happy to keep shooting as long as I am in demand. I am starting a few educational courses early next year which is pretty cool too.

Photo: Vogue Australia. Max Doyle. Credit: Gucci embroidered silk dress and shoes.



Madeleine Kragh
5 Minutes With...
Get to know US model star here.
more 5 minutes with... »

Abbey Lee
Models
In the fast-paced fashion world, Abbey Lee is hot property.
more models »

John Galliano
Designers
John Galliano moved to London when he was six-years-old with...
more designers »


No comments: