Friday, October 17, 2008

My Heroes Are Not Making Headlines



I kept to myself for two days and stayed indoors in the apartment on the third floor.
My publisher had gone to the Eastern state of Abia in Nigeria and I had the time to relax and read The 48 Laws of Power and reflect on the discoveries of Robert Greene. Then I composed the following thoughts.

My heroes are not the newsmakers making headlines
They are ordinary people living ordinary lives
But they are doing extra-ordinary things in their own simple ways.
I see them everywhere everyday
And they are making a great difference along the way.

Everybody has a story, but not everybody will make history
You can get over your misery and live a life of victory.

Let us work together hand in hand
And we will restore the lost glory of our motherland.

My heroes are not engaged in the power struggle of the rat race.
God knows how best to reward the burden bearers of humankind.
They will reap the greatest harvest of the earth.




No comments: